Why do people join The Cochrane & District Chamber of Commerce?
We save you money by offering affinity programs. We facilitate commerce by building ties within the membership and hosting regular networking events. We take political action by identifying priorities and developing policies with input from our members. We promote Cochrane & District local businesses through a variety of local, regional, and national media outlets. We provide solutions to your everyday challenges.
The Cochrane & District Chamber of Commerce is a dynamic group. Members can participate as much or as little as they like. We are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors elected from our active membership. The Board sets policy and represents the members’ interests by being the voice of business.
The Chamber seeks opportunities to host events that promote members’ business. Annual events include the Cochrane Trade Show, Cochrane Golf Tournament, and sponsorship of the Community Awards Gala. Each of these showcases local business and allow the public to experience local establishments.
Networking events and business training opportunities are held each month. Spotlights on local businesses appear in local media, social media, newsletters, and on the Cochrane & District Chamber of Commerce website.
Members also have use of the online business directory on the Cochrane and District Chamber of Commerce website.
Members also receive electronic communications of upcoming events in the community and various learnings/economic data from various government agencies.
Share your member to member discount with your fellow members and participate in theirs!
The Chamber also advocates on behalf of the business community. Be part of it!
Discounted rates on group health plans, merchant services, fuel programs, and much more are offered exclusively to members. These are part of the value-added programs as listed below. It is strongly suggested to peruse these value-added benefits as shown below. Utilize the links for further education or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Cochrane & District Chamber of Commerce is constantly striving to provide value for members. The Chamber is open to suggestions and able to build capacity to suit members.
VALUE – ADDED PROGRAMS FOR MEMBERS
- Alberta Chambers of Commerce Value Added Benefits
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce Value Added Benefits
- Group Health Plans (for companies with as few as 1 employee)
- Merchant Services Programs through ATB for the electronic processing starting at 1.47% and debit cards ($0.05/transaction)
- Fleet Fuel Programs - Esso, Petro Canada, Husky
- Home, auto, pet, and travel insurance through Johnson Inc.
- Audio conferencing, web collaboration, and webinar services from Evolve Collaboration.
- Purolator Courier
- A 10% discount on the cost of ICC publications
- Export advice and guidance provided at no cost by our in-house Trade Commissioner.
- Member to Member Discounts
- And much more!